Brake pads are one of the main components in a normal vehicle’s braking system. Brake pads are very important in terms of a vehicle’s safety. Braking system that provides the friction to slow or stop your vehicle.
Here are four types of brake pads:
- Ceramic Brake Pads,
- Low-Metallic NAO Brake Pads,
- Semi-Metallic Brake Pads,
- Non-Asbestos Organic Brake Pads.
- Ceramic Brake Pads – Ceramic Brake Pads are recommended for high performance vehicles that witness sharp turns, high speeds and frequent stops. Ceramic pads are the most expensive but are cleaner and produce less noise than other materials.Ceramic brake pads last longer than semi-metallic brake pads as well.
Advantage of Ceramic Pads- Ceramic Brake Pads is very popular today world. Ceramic brake Pads control noise and are made of long lasting quality materials. Because of their quality construction, they also extend the life of your braking system compared to the other types of lining materials. Ceramic brake pads are good for smaller cars, they can be noisy on big cars and heavy trucks.
2. Low-Metallic NAO Brake pads- Low Metallic NAO Brake Pads are made by an organic formula mixture with small amounts of copper or steel added to help with heat transfer and provide better braking. According to the brake masters, these brake pads are known to be noisy and to let off a lot of brake dust.
Advantage of Low-Metallic NAO Brake Pads- Low-Metallic Nao brake pads are suited to performance and high speed driving style, and contain high level of minerals abrasives to provide better stopping power.
3. Semi-Metallic- Semi-Metallic Brake Pads are made by 30% to 65% metal, and are commonly made out of steel wool, wire, copper or other metal materials. They are considered to be very durable. These brake pads may also not function well in extreme, low temperatures.These brake pads are generally used on high performance and race cars.
Advantages of Semi Metallic Brake Pads- Semi Metallic Brake Pads are usually considerably cheaper than other type of brake pads. Semi metallic provide effective grip even when weather is cold. Semi metallic pads are recommended for most street driving and commercial truck applications.
4. Non-Asbestos Organic- Non-Asbestos Brake Pads are generally made from organic materials including fiber, glass, rubber, and Kevlar. These pads are pretty quiet, but can wear faster and produce a lot of brake dust.
Advantages of Non-Asbestos Organic Brake Pads: Non-Asbestos Organic brake pads friction material contains less than 30% steel by weight. NAO brake pads were designed to replace harmful asbestos linings and were popular on pre-FWD vehicles.
Toughla is a leading manufacturer of brake lining and brake pads. They are based out of Delhi. Toughla is a leading supplier of quality car brake pads, truck brake lining, and truck brake pads etc. They manufacture products suitable for TATA trucks, Mahindra vehicles, and buses. They have a decade old history and they supply products globally. Do visit our website www.toughla.com to know further.